Who I am
Jackie Woodside, CPC, LICSW is a best-selling author, TEDx speaker, radio and television personality and seminar leader who is passionate about the expanding the edge of human potential. Jackie has written two best-sellers, “Calming the Chaos: A Soulful Guide to Managing Your Energy Rather than Your Time” and “Time for a Change!” Jackie was featured along with Jack Canfield and Don Miguel Ruiz on the Wake Up! TV show in 2015.
Jackie provides custom training programs, workshops and keynote speeches for businesses, government and non-profit organizations, spiritual centers and national organizations around the country.
She lives between her homes in Massachusetts and the Thousand Islands of Upstate New York.
Here’s what you can count on:
Direct communication, a quick mind and clarity of thought, integrity of action, a heart and mind wide open to whatever you bring to the table, uncanny wit and crack-up-at-myself sense of humor, impeccable delivery on the results you want and ruthless follow through until the results are produced.
Just the Facts:
- Author of an Amazon Bestseller of two books, “Calming the Chaos: A Soulful Guide to Managing Your Energy Rather than your Time” and “Time for a Change!”
- TEDx Speaker, “Creating Conscious Communities”
- Masters degree in clinical social work from Boston College
- Certified Professional Coach and Energy Leadership Master Practitioner (EL-MP) by the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC)
- Over 25 years of clinical experience as a manager, therapist and consultant
- Fluent in American Sign Language and helped to start many programs serving the Deaf Community
A Conversation with Jackie Woodside:
“Here is what I bring…”
An understanding and application of consciousness principles as the source of the results I produce, loads of education and experience (read more in the “Just the Facts” section above), an incredibly broad scope of work environments where I have created success for myself and others (not to mention happiness and joy!), lots of tenacity and grit.
What do I love?
“Doing the work I do!”
- Inspiring people through my speaking and teaching.
- Creating sacred spaces for people to engage deeply into what is important to their hearts, minds and souls and then go out and create an amazing life or amazing work teams that aligns with their passions.
- Spending time alone (I like my own company!).
- Training people and teams to be more effective, congruent and happier.
And most of all, I love my family, my home(s) and my deeply nourishing spiritual connection.
What is my best accomplishment?
“All of my dreams come true – and I know exactly why that is the case! (And best of all, I can engage with you on a journey of creation that will inspire you, your team or your company to the same knowing).”
If you want to know more, here are some other fun facts:
- Put doing a TED talk on my vision board in 2011 and 6 months later was invited to do one. Love that.
- Have delivered inspirational talks to thousands of people in every sector of society: corporate, government, education, private, civic and spiritual.
- Ran a successful private counseling practice for over 20 years without ever advertising (not the smartest business move, but it worked! My mantra was, “Stay in one place long enough and don’t suck at what you do.”)
- Was hired by an organization to work with their most difficult office and created a profound shift in their organizational culture – so much so that I was hired to replicate the work repeatedly in other arms of the organization.
- Served as board president at my church for such a long time that I forgot that I was a volunteer (10+ years!)
- I am the least stressed, most productive person I know as a result of the programs I teach!
- Fulfilled a lifelong dream of buying a summer home in the Thousand Islands and reinvented my life to actually live there in the summers.
- Have created curriculums that transform people’s lives – starting with my own!
- I am the most happily married person I know!
A Little Bit of My Story:
I am not one of those lucky people born with success in their back pocket. In fact nothing could be further from the truth. It would be more accurate to say that I fit the classic “tragedy to triumph” story. If you’re interested, here’s some of the highlights…
Before my 2nd birthday, my family experienced the death of my father, his brother and father within 9 months of one another, all in separate car accidents. That means my grandmother lost her husband and two of her three sons in 9 months time. Living in a very small town, it basically became my family legacy. (“Oh, you’re a Woodside… I’m sorry” was not an uncommon greeting).
My mother did the best she could to raise three kids with no husband and a high school education in the 60’s and 70’s, but let’s just say it wasn’t easy.
I had more than a few challenges moving into my teen and young adult years. Tumultuous relationships, addiction, domestic violence and numerous psychiatric diagnoses and medications were what I knew well into my 30’s.
By the grace of God, I relied on loving mentors, found good therapists, worked hard in 12-step programs, got a good education and started to excel in my career.
Today, I am truly free of all of my psychiatric conditions, I am on no medication, and indeed I am one of the happiest people I know. I have an amazing marriage and am raising a wonderful son. We spend summers in a cottage in my hometown in Upstate New York that has been in my family for 6 generations. I do work that I love which makes a difference in other people’s lives. I am truly, fully, passionately living my dreams! Spend time here on my site, read my blog posts, send me an email (I answer them all). I promise you, if you are willing to do the work, I can help you go where you want to go with your life, your company and your dreams!